I’m building a live, cohort-based course on Design Leadership. I’ve led and managed UX teams at everything from startups to Fortune 500 companies like Google. Along the way I’ve coached and taught new and early career design managers and design leads. Now I’d love to teach you.
This course is designed for anyone who leads a design team or wants to in the future. I’m still putting final touches on the topics and I will adapt the course plan based on the needs of participants. Here are possible topics:
– The skills needed to become a successful leader
– How to build a world-class team
– How to turn UX strategy into results
– The 3 P’s – People, Process, Product
– Crafting a UX career ladder
– How to influence the roadmap
– Giving feedback, setting clear expectations, and having difficult conversations
– What goes in a design leader portfolio
– Having better 1 on 1’s
– How to partner with cross-functional teams
– Understanding different management styles and when to use them
– Protecting your time and tracking your own success as a leader
– How to create a healthy team culture
– Using design principles to make sure your team delivers excellent design
– How to lead design critiques
– And much more!
Details are still being worked out but expect a mix of live instruction, community discussion, and self-paced material. You’ll also get templates and guides that you can reference after the course is over.
This course will launch soon. Add your name to the waitlist to get updates and be the first to know when registration for the next cohort is open!